Adsense

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Slow Poison

One hot afternoon i was lying in my bed missing the company of electricity for which i want to thank Electricity Department from deep core of my heart (actually abuse). I was all drenched and getting dehydrated over and over again. I shouted at my servant,"Ramu, bring me a glass of ice-chilled water". Within 2 minutes he came rushing with a glass of water. I didn't ask him from where he managed ice. I gulped down the glass in single shot. That glass of water was like kuber ka khazana for me at that moment. i felt asleep but moments after that i woke up with a start. I had red rashes all over my body and was feeling chronic pain in my abdomen. I was writhing in pain. Suddenly everything went black and all i could hear was big monstrous sound of someone falling on ground. And i woke up from my bed screaming. Thank God it's just a dream, i gasped for some fresh air.
                                                                Next day i consulted my doctor and asked him can such symptoms occur from plain water. He said," Yes my son, it can". I was totally unaware of what he told me. There is a prescribed quantity of Chlorine (0.02 mg/l) that is harmless (i won't say good) but if it's value goes above that threshold it becomes slow poison. Chlorine is essential for treatment of E.Coli present in water but one must know how much Cl is needed. Chlorinated water is the reason why swimmers take bath after swimming. If chlorine in pool is more than prescribed quantity one will get rashes or itching in his skin. It doesn't mean that you will stop swimming from now on.
                                                                Visit some reputed swimming pool and ask them about standards and specifications they emloy- Be witty and wise :) . For drinking water purposes i would suggest everyone of you to go for RO-UV (ask Hema-Malini to install one for you) water purifier. Just don't go for cheap and desi products, you might think you are wise as you saved few thousand bucks but you never know actually you have just bought a
slow poison for yourself. Be wise and aware

No comments: