Adsense

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Weekend Getaway Destination: Hunter's Ranch - 2


Continuing my weekend getaway story, we had too little time to explore the resort as it was already getting dark when we reached Hunter’s Ranch. Though we started from our home at 03:15 PM but the credit for the delay in reaching the destination goes to me. I assumed that any resort would have an in-house bar and I can relax in the evening. On the way I thought of inquiring from the resort manager about the Bar facility at the resort. The answer was negative. Shit!!! Weekend getaway without booze? C’mon, I need to get myself something. I took a U-turn and all this process added 45 minutes to the journey. Had I planned before, I could have saved some time and reached Hunter’s Ranch 45 minutes earlier. Anyways just a heads-up for all, Hunter’s Ranch has a strict ‘No Alcohol’ policy but you can always keep your own stuff. I would request Delivery Bear Jammu to see if they can add alcohol delivery to their services list in future 😏

So as I was telling in my earlier post, we were moving around the resort, our daughter was joyous and excited seeing the open lawn. What I liked at Hunter's Ranch is that they have huge farmland where they grow organic vegetables and spices to be used in the kitchen. Jammu Basket can help promote these organic spices on their e-commerce platform so that it reaches maximum people. Apart from organic spices, they also breed desi chicken, cow, ducks and other wild animals. Most of the requirement of the food is fulfilled from in-house organic farms and poultry. Recently they have started breeding fishes as well. If you are interested in organic spices, you can buy farm red chilly, turmeric and garam masala. Other major attractions at Hunter’s Ranch are adventure sports such as ATV rides, rock climbing, rope walking, Zipline, Sumo balloon fighting and Paint-ball.

Fish Breeding

Organic Farming

At Hunter's you can find desi rasoi built of traditional Dogri and Kashimri culture with a earthen chulha and brass utensils. If you are a non-vegetarian, you must try their Kashmiri Wazwan. It is one of their specialty usually offered on Sunday but do confirm before you plan your visit. Other delicacies like makki ki roti & sarson da saag is a seasonal dish prepared during winter season.

Desi-Rasoi

Brass Utensils

Chulha


Hunter’s Ranch is a place worth spending a complete day. It is an ideal place for corporate outings and fun family days. If I had to sum up, I would say, ”The more, the merrier.” The best time to visit Hunter’s Ranch is from mid-September to March. I would suggest not to plan during Summer and hot/humid seasons. The staff of Hunter’s Ranch is very courteous and would serve with great care and hospitality. If you are thinking of staying overnight with family, this place is a day visit place but if you are a gang of bachelors, this place can be a great place to spend night out at a place not so far from your home. 

ATV RIDE

ROPE WALKING

SUMO BALLOON










1 comment:

Sahil said...

Very articulated write up!! Highlighted local is the need of the hour.